COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
by order of the Provincial Health Officer
Protective Measures – BC’s Restart Plan
Here’s how Vancouver Mysteries has adjusted business practices to be in line with the BC Restart Plan:
- physical distancing between Vancouver Mysteries employees and players
maximum game size of 6 playersIncreased to 36 players on June 24, 2020 (private bookings of up to 6 teams of up to 6 players each for physical distancing).
- Pop up mysteries: games will be operated remotely (via Zoom) so that Game Operators are not required to enter homes
- outdoor games start and end outdoors instead of inside partner locations
- contactless pick up and drop off of game kits
- employees wear face mask and gloves to handle kits
- game kits cleaned between use
- office cleaning increased – employees follow a checklist to sanitize the office at the beginning and end of each shift, with additional cleaning for surfaces and equipment in frequent use.
- office capacity limit enforced
- office scheduling changed to include work from home shifts whenever possible
- all Vancouver Mysteries employees agree to stay home if they are not feeling well
- we collect the name and phone number for each booking to support the province’s contact tracing requirements.
Additional Protective Measures
Additional Protective Measures Implemented by Vancouver Mysteries
- every player receives a face mask
disinfectant wipes included in game kitsDiscontinued June 17 – out of stock.
- all game kits will be quarantined for 72 hours after use
- re-assembled game kits quarantined for 72 hours before contactless delivery to customers
At WorkSafeBC’s recommendation, Vancouver Mysteries has formed a Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC). This committee is made up of Vancouver Mysteries team members who created and implemented this Safety Plan.
Updates to Terms & Conditions
Vancouver Mysteries has added updates to our standard Terms & Conditions to reflect the new protective measures and changes to game operations as described above including a new section titled ‘Customer Responsibilities’ that requires customers to agree to protective measures described in the BC Restart Plan.
Updates to Policies & Procedures
Vancouver Mysteries has added updates to our Polices & Procedures. Every team member will read and sign off on these new guidelines before they resume work. This document is available to WorkSafeBC upon request.
Notice something wrong? We appreciate your detective skills and we’re listening! Please contact us.