COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
by order of the Provincial Health Officer
MOST RECENT UPDATE TO THIS DOCUMENT: SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
VANCOUVER MYSTERIES COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Note: Teams have always been private at Vancouver Mysteries – a team is always made up of people who signed up together. When more than one team plays a Vancouver Mysteries game at the same time, they compete for the top score. Teams have always been able to maintain physical distancing from each other – they are competitors playing along the same game route but do not interact with each other during the game.
Here’s how Vancouver Mysteries has adjusted business practices to be in line with regional guidelines, the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC:
- physical distancing between Vancouver Mysteries employees and players
- Updates to Game Operation:
- September 22, 2021 – Depending on the weather and number of teams booked for your time slot, your game may begin and end indoors. Vancouver Mysteries supports all public health orders, including masks and vaccine passports when required. Currently proof of vaccination is not required to attend our events or play or games. If you have questions please contact us. If you are not willing to follow guidelines, please do not sign up. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.Read about proof of vaccination here.
- June 15, 2021 – As of June 15 2021, recreational travel within BC, outdoor teams sports and organized gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed, allowing Vancouver Mysteries to resume regular operations with multiple teams competing in the same outdoor game at the same time.
- May 26, 2021 – Outdoor organized gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed with a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place. This allows Vancouver Mysteries to resume regular operations with multiple teams competing in the same game at the same time (with physical distancing between teams). This means you can invite your friends to play a Vancouver Mysteries game! (Tell them to sign up for the same time slot or call us and we’ll add them.) Note: private games are still available just for your bubble or for you and your friends. Watch for the ‘private game’ option during booking or contact us. If you already have a booking on our calendar that pre-dates these changes, we’ll give you the option to have the entire time slot for yourself.
- March 11, 2021 – Up to 10 people may now gather outdoors. All restrictions for indoor gatherings remain in place. Do not gather with several groups of new people – stick to the same people.
- January 7, 2021 – Team competitions are closed until February 5, 2021. Small games for local households are open.
- December 7, 2020 – Holiday Mystery Nights team competition cancelled, in line with the Public Health Order prohibiting social gatherings and events. Books for ALL Outdoor Games closed until January 8, 2021. We believe we meet the criteria to stay open but we also believe this is a good time to stay home.
- November 19, 2020 – Holiday Mystery Nights team competition (maximum game size 30 players made up of private teams) postponed from December 5, 2020 to December 10, 2020 due to the extension of the Public Heath Order. A system for written documentation of the daily Worker Health Check implemented due to the Public Health Order.
- November 12, 2020 – two virtual games are launched to allow everyone to play from home (up to 300 players).
- November 7, 2020 – private games only in response to a new public health order restricting social gatherings (games are only available for households/core bubbles, maximum 6 players).
- October 1, 2020 – non-private games become available with the launch of Halloween Mystery Nights (players sign up with their bubble to compete against other teams from a safe distance).
- June 24, 2020 – private game availability increased to a maximum game size of 36 players (with the option to choose how many teams were required for physical distancing.
- May 23, 2020 – Vancouver Mysteries reopened with private games only and a maximum game size of 6 players per game.
- Pop up mysteries: games will be operated remotely (via Zoom) so that Game Operators are not required to enter homes
- Outdoor games start and end outdoors instead of inside partner locations when public health orders prohibit indoor gatherings (game routes are outdoors).
- Contactless delivery of game kits
- Employees wear face mask and gloves to handle kits
- Game kits cleaned between use
- Office cleaning increased – employees follow a checklist to sanitize the office at the beginning and end of each shift, with additional cleaning for surfaces and equipment in frequent use.
- Office capacity limit enforced and sign in to confirm they have completed a Daily Health Check
- Office scheduling changed to include work from home shifts whenever possible
- All Vancouver Mysteries employees agree to stay home if they are not feeling well
- We collect the name and phone number for each booking to support the province’s contact tracing requirements.
Additional Protective Measures
Additional Protective Measures Implemented by Vancouver Mysteries
every player receives a face mask While supplies last, discontinued September 1.
- all game kits will be quarantined for
72 at least 12 hours after use (reduced September 22, 2021)
- re-assembled game kits are quarantined for a least
72 12 hours before contactless delivery to customers (reduced September 22, 2021)
At WorkSafeBC’s recommendation, Vancouver Mysteries has formed a Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC). This committee is made up of Vancouver Mysteries team members who created and implemented this Safety Plan. Vancouver Mysteries COVID-19 Safety Plan is reviewed regularly and updated as needed.
Updates to Terms & Conditions
Vancouver Mysteries has added updates to our standard Terms & Conditions to reflect the new protective measures and changes to game operations as described above including a new section titled ‘Customer Responsibilities’ that requires customers to agree to protective measures described in the BC Restart Plan.