COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
by order of the Provincial Health Officer
Protective Measures – BC’s Restart Plan
Here’s how Vancouver Mysteries has adjusted business practices to be in line with the BC Restart Plan:
- physical distancing between Vancouver Mysteries employees and players
maximum game size of 6 players Increased to 36 players on June 24, 2020 (private bookings of up to 6 teams of up to 6 players each for physical distancing).
- Pop up mysteries: games will be operated remotely (via Zoom) so that Game Operators are not required to enter homes
- outdoor games start and end outdoors instead of inside partner locations (exception: special events like Mystery Nights may start and end indoors but the game route is still outdoors – this is so we have shelter during colder months).
- contactless pick up and drop off of game kits
- employees wear face mask and gloves to handle kits
- game kits cleaned between use
- office cleaning increased – employees follow a checklist to sanitize the office at the beginning and end of each shift, with additional cleaning for surfaces and equipment in frequent use.
- office capacity limit enforced
- office scheduling changed to include work from home shifts whenever possible
- all Vancouver Mysteries employees agree to stay home if they are not feeling well
- we collect the name and phone number for each booking to support the province’s contact tracing requirements.
Additional Protective Measures
Additional Protective Measures Implemented by Vancouver Mysteries
every player receives a face mask While supplies last, discontinued September 1.
disinfectant wipes included in game kits Discontinued June 17 – out of stock. Resumed October 2020 (while supplies last).
- all game kits will be quarantined for 72 hours after use
- re-assembled game kits are quarantined for 72 hours before contactless delivery to customers
At WorkSafeBC’s recommendation, Vancouver Mysteries has formed a Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC). This committee is made up of Vancouver Mysteries team members who created and implemented this Safety Plan.
Updates to Terms & Conditions
Vancouver Mysteries has added updates to our standard Terms & Conditions to reflect the new protective measures and changes to game operations as described above including a new section titled ‘Customer Responsibilities’ that requires customers to agree to protective measures described in the BC Restart Plan.