We’re hiring again! Vancouver Mysteries is growing and we’re recruiting an Assistant Experience Manager.
Application deadline: January 31, 2019.
30-40 hours per week
OFFICIAL START DATE: March 1, 2019
Vancouver Mysteries seeks a sharp, highly-organized, tech-savvy individual who will work in the company’s Mission Control: supporting operations, customer service, sales, and our team of Game Operators. You’ll also lead Vancouver Mysteries games yourself as a Game Operator.
You’ll be at the heart of a successful, fast-growing company that has bold plans for the future.
This is an entry level position, reporting to the company’s Experience Manager. You’ll be fun, quick-thinking, fast-acting, detail-focused, enjoy problem-solving, and love working with people. Most importantly, you’re the kind of person who gets the job done and suggests solutions rather than problems to the rest of the team.
It’s important you’re flexible – please don’t expect a 9-to-5 desk job. You’ll be working from the company’s Headquarters in Gastown, your own home, or wherever you’re needed. You’ll be available for training shifts starting mid-February and then to work up to 30 hours per-week from March 1 onwards, with up to 40 hours per-week (or more) July 1 – November 1.
Experiences we’re looking for
Examples of experiences that would suit this position include:
- Retail management
- Event management
- Customer Service, Phone Sales
- Theatre or film production, stage management, front of house management, box office
Applications are welcome from recent university graduates in tourism management, event management, or theatre production.
Competencies we’re looking for
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following areas of competency:
- You enjoy solving problems and puzzles.
- You enjoy being organized and well prepared.
- You have initiative and you are a critical thinker.
- You love serving customers and working with people.
- You’ve been told you have excellent attention to detail.
- You’ve got strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are capable of working by yourself and are self motivated.
- You have a background in acting, public speaking, or other performance work.
- You’ve worked in an office before – typing, filing, basic competency with word processing & spreadsheet software, and a professional phone manner are all in your locker. Proficiency with Dropbox, Google Drive and Mailchimp would be helpful.
There is a lot of room for our team members to grow within our company or take on extra projects/responsibilities for additional pay. Here are some examples:
- Social Media
- Online advertising
- Design work via Photoshop and/or Illustrator
About Vancouver Mysteries
Vancouver Mysteries stages deeply immersive, interactive games on the streets of Downtown Vancouver. Equally popular with locals and visitors, Vancouver Mysteries’ games include Crime in Downtown, Secret Mission and Heroes and Villains. Working in small teams, game players have two hours to complete their adventure – either solving a murder or saving the city from destruction. Game kits, maps, puzzles, and score-cards are all provided.
Vancouver Mysteries is able to cater to group sizes of 2 people to 120 and start times are flexible. The games make for an engaging and interesting activity for birthday parties, date nights, and corporate team-building.
We’ve got a 5-star rating on Trip Advisor – you can check out some recent reviews by players here.
What we offer
- $17.00 per-hour plus weekly travel allowance
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing game company
- Flexible hours and work location – work from company Headquarters in Gastown
How do I apply?
Email the following to Alina Blank at [email protected] by January 31, 2019:
- Subject line should read – Assistant Experience Manager Application: First and last name
- 300 – 450 words in an email or PDF document explaining why you would make the perfect Assistant Experience Manager for Vancouver Mysteries
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vancouver Mysteries is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all ages, genders, ethnicities and sexual orientations.