What kind of booking are you interested in? Quick links:
Want to join our team?
Want to join our team?
***THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS POSITION HAS NOW PASSED.***
The closing date for applications was Monday February 2, 2015 at noon. It’s a part-time six-month contract position starting March 1, 2015.
Company owners Will Woods & Tanya Bennett – photo courtesy Kendall Walters
Start your career with us
Are you organized, quick-thinking, and do you love working with people? Do you have experience in live performance and a flair for theatre?
You’ll need to be flexible – please don’t expect a 9-to-5 desk job. Games take place on the streets of Downtown Vancouver. The behind-the-scenes work you’ll be responsible for may take place at an office downtown, from your own home, from partner-businesses or in coffee shops. Expect every week to be different.
This is an entry-level role – the first step on a career. This position would fit a recent graduate of an event planning program, tourism program, or theatre production program. Vancouver Mysteries is a growing company – we want someone to join us and grow with us. While the initial contract is for six months, we expect it will become a permanent role for the right candidate.
You’ll be working with two highly ambitious entrepreneurs who have big plans for this company, and will push you to do your very best work.
About Vancouver Mysteries
We stage deeply immersive, interactive games on the streets of Downtown Vancouver. Equally popular with locals and visitors, Vancouver Mysteries’ games include Crime in Downtown and Secret Mission. Working in small teams, game players have two hours to complete their adventure – either solving a murder or saving the city from destruction. Game kits, maps, puzzles, and score-cards are all provided.
Vancouver Mysteries is able to cater for group sizes of 2 people to 100 and start times are flexible. The games make for an engaging and interesting activity for birthday parties, date nights, and corporate team-building.
You will work under the direction of the Chief Game Ops. Key duties will include:
– Operating games
– Organizing and building game kits
– Managing and restocking the inventory of game kits
– Game testing
– Managing relationships with customers
– Answering calls and responding to email enquiries
– Managing the game calendar
– Updating social media
– Distributing marketing material
– General office duties
What are the hours?
The position is 20-hours per week from March 1 to June 30, then 30-hours per week from July 1 to August 31. Overtime hours are likely, particularly during the summer. If you prefer fixed hours every week then this isn’t for you – the exact hours you work will vary from week-to-week, according to our customers’ needs.
Of course we won’t expect you to work all summer – you can take vacations just like in any job. You will be joining a highly supportive and collaborative team – we all support and cover for each other.
How much will I be paid?
Pay is appropriate for an entry-level position. More details can be provided on request.
How do I apply?
Email your resume and cover letter to Tanya at [email protected] by noon on Monday February 2, 2015. Please be sure to focus on the following skills and experiences in your application:
– Experience in events management, tourism management, theatre production, or any other field where planning and organization are critical.
– Some experience is desirable in live performance, public-speaking, or teaching, as leading games requires a flair for theatre, and the ability to explain game instructions to groups of up-to 100 people.
– Your previous employers will describe you as punctual, reliable, and organized. Previous experience in customer service, as a key-holder at a retail store, or in inventory-management would be useful for this position.
Vancouver Mysteries is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all ages, genders, ethnicities and sexual orientations.