We’ve had a record-breaking year and we need more Game Operators!
Would you like to play detective or secret agent? Sent by HQ to brief players on their Vancouver Mysteries game? You’ll be comfortable working in character and love working with people. It might just be the most fun job you’ll ever have.
Reporting to the company’s Experience Manager, you will need to demonstrate the following areas of competency:
● You’re an entertainer who might have a theatre or performance background
● You’re reliable and time conscious
● You enjoy being organized and well prepared
● You’ve been told you have good attention to detail
● You love serving customers and working with people
● You love solving problems and puzzles, including word, tactile, math, and simple code-breaking
● You’re capable of working by yourself
Beneficial, but not essential:
● You have been a tour guide or have led large groups
● Worked in the tourism industry
Application deadline: May 31, 2018
Start date: flexible
You can expect between 1 and 5 games per week in the summer months. Game times vary, depending on the players’ ability to solve the mystery.
We have private bookings during the day that begin as early as 9am during the week, and we are also looking for more Game Operators to pick up games during evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $50 per standalone game plus travel allowance
How to Apply:
Email the following to Alina Blank at email@example.com:
● 250-300 word document explaining why you would make the perfect Game Operator for Vancouver Mysteries OR a one-minute video telling us yourself
● Subject line should read – Game Operator Application: First and Last name
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vancouver Mysteries is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all ages, genders, ethnicities and sexual orientations.